Please watch ‘The Highway Rat’ by Julia Donaldson via this link OR through BBC iplayer by searching Julia Donaldson.
Once you have watched ‘The Highway Rat’, please complete the following activities in your project book (1 per day):
- In the story, the Highway Rat steals from others around him.
- Task: Make a wanted poster for the Highway Rat
- List his name, what he looks like and his crimes.
- At the end of the story, the cunning duck becomes the hero by saving the day.
- If you were the hero in the story, what would you do to stop the Highway Rat from stealing? How would you help?
- Use these sentence starters to help you:
- I would stop the Highway Rat from stealing by...
- I would help...
- Write a book/story review of the Highway Rat.
- What did you like about the story? Why?
- What did you dislike about the story? Why?
- Is there anything you would have changed about the story?
- The Highway Rat finally gets caught out for his unkind acts towards others.
- Can you make a newspaper report about the moment he is caught out and what happens to him?
- Write an apology letter from the Highway Rat to the other animals that he stole from.
- Say sorry for what he did and ask for their forgiveness.
- Some sentences starters to help you:
- I am sorry for...
- I promise not to...
- Will you...