- At Grange Park Junior School we assess our children to close any gaps in learning and and ensure all children reach their full potential.
- Assessment for learning in all subjects takes place through: observations, speaking and listening activities, written work, classroom participation and weekly tests such as spellings and times tables - all of which support our children to make good and better progress.
- In addition, termly testing takes place to support teacher judgements in English, mathematics and science.
- Teacher assessments are recorded on Target Tracker on a regular basis to monitor children's attainment and progress.
- Pupils are given targets that are derived from the National Curriculum.
- Parents are encouraged to attend parents' evenings in the Autumn and Spring term. This is where their child's attainment, progress and next steps are shared.
- In the Summer term parents are provided with a full written report and have the option to discuss the report in a Summer parent open evening.
At the end of Year 6, pupils are formally assessed in reading, grammar, punctuation and spelling, writing and maths, through the end of Key Stage 2 national tests (SATs).
Please click on the link below if you require further information to support your child in SATs.