Websites to support Home Learning
It is important that children are being safe online. It will be especially important for parents and carers to be aware of what their children are being asked to do online, including the sites they will be asked to access. Parents and carers should be aware of the importance of understanding what sites are safe and can be trusted. Grange Park Junior School will be providing weekly e-safety lessons for children to complete. The below poster from London Grid for Learning provides six top tips to keep children safe online during school closures. The following links will also support parents and carers in keeping their children safe online:
- Six top tips to keep children safe online - LGfL Poster
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- London Grid for Learning - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safe Internet Centre - advice for parents and carers
In addition to the weekly homework that is assigned every Monday, Year 6 is given home learning from their set teacher. Home learning could include the use of: CGP books (Study books or 10-Minute test books), worksheets specific to the lesson taught that day or online work using one of their school logins.
Children may not be given home learning everyday, however we encourage our children to read for a minimum of twenty minutes a day and record their reading (along with their summary of what they just read) in their Reading Record.
Please refer to the Tool Box document for more resources to support your child at home.
School Closure Home Learning
Each child has been given a home learning pack, which includes the following:
- Home Learning Booklet
- Exercise book - Project book (brown)
- Exercise book - Plain book (red)
- CGP 10 minute test books
- CGP Practice Tests
Home Learning will be assigned weekly for children. Please follow the schedule set out for each week.