Every Monday at 3:45pm, Year 4 will be holding a live homework session on Microsoft Teams. These sessions explain the Assignment on Microsoft Teams and aim to help children understand what they need to achieve over the week.
In addition to Microsoft Teams, children have access to Bug Club, Readiwriter, Mathletics and the PiXL Times Tables App.
Children are assigned homework on a Monday and are expected to have it completed by the following Monday.
Children will be tested on their Readiwriter word lists each week. The Mathletics activities they are set will be based on what they will be learning at school.
In addition to their online homework, we encourage children to express their creativity and individuality through termly topic-based homework grids.
Please see the Curriculum Overview and Knowledge Organisers for Year 4 below.
Home Learning if you are self-isolating
If your child needs to self-isolate, all learning will be available through Microsoft Teams. Their teacher will provide your child with a weekly timetable and will assign them work daily. There will be live online lessons for your child to attend if they are well. Please speak to your child's class teacher or the school office if you need more information.
Websites to support Home Learning
It is important that children are being safe online. It will be especially important for parents and carers to be aware of what their children are being asked to do online, including the sites they will be asked to access. Parents and carers should be aware of the importance of understanding what sites are safe and can be trusted. Grange Park Junior School will be providing weekly e-safety lessons for children to complete. The below poster from London Grid for Learning provides six top tips to keep children safe online during school closures. The following links will also support parents and carers in keeping their children safe online:
- Six top tips to keep children safe online - LGfL Poster
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- London Grid for Learning - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safe Internet Centre - advice for parents and carers
Year 3 to Year 4 Homework
For Year 3 children moving to Year 4 in September 2020, please click the link below to view some fun home learning activities.