School Closure Home Learning
Each child has been given a home learning pack which includes the following:
- Home Learning Booklet
- Exercise book - Project book
- Exercise book - Plain paper
- CGP books
Home Learning will be assigned weekly for children. Please follow the schedule set out for each week. CGP books will be used after the Easter break.
Websites to support Home Learning
It is important that children are being safe online. It will be especially important for parents and carers to be aware of what their children are being asked to do online, including the sites they will be asked to access. Parents and carers should be aware of the importance of understanding what sites are safe and can be trusted. Grange Park Junior School will be providing weekly e-safety lessons for children to complete. The below poster from London Grid for Learning provides six top tips to keep children safe online during school closures. The following links will also support parents and carers in keeping their children safe online:
- Six top tips to keep children safe online - LGfL Poster
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- London Grid for Learning - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safe Internet Centre - advice for parents and carers
As part of their home learning, children have access to Bug Club, Spellodrome, Mathletics and the PiXL Times Tables App.
Children are assigned homework on a Monday and are expected to have it completed by the following Monday. If children are unable to complete their homework at home, we offer a homework club for Year 3 on Fridays.
Children will be tested on their Spellodrome word lists each week. The Mathletics activities they are set will be based on what they will be learning at school. Certificates are given out to children each week who complete Spellodrome and Mathletics activities and who come in the Top 10 students for the PiXL Times Tables.
In addition to their online homework, we encourage children to express their creativity and individuality through termly topic-based homework grids.
More information can be found on the Home Learning page.