To motivate our pupils we have an Attendance Award system. At the end of each term, they receive awards and prizes for 100% attendance and class certificates are awarded on a weekly basis. Class awards are published in our monthly newsletters.
Good attendance is key to ensuring children make good progress. Ms Phull, the Admissions Manager regularly monitors attendance and punctuality at Grange Park Junior School.
Children are expected to attend school every day and be on time.
Start of the day:
- 8.30am-School gates open and children wait in the playground.
- 8.40am- School doors are open
- 8.45am- School starts and all children should be in school and ready for learning
- 8.50am School doors close and children arriving after this time must be escorted by an adult via the Lansbury Drive entrance
End of the day:
- 3.00pm-School gates open and parents/carers welcome to wait in the playground.
- 3.20pm- Pupils dismissed from allocated zones in the playground
- 3.30pm- any pupils not collected on time will be sent to the office reception and will need to be collected from the Lansbury Drive entrance.
- 4.30pm ( unless otherwise stated) Pupils attending clubs are dismissed from the school foyer.
- At 4.40pm any pupils not collected will be sent to the office reception and will need to be collected from Lansbury Drive.School doors close and children arriving after this time must be escorted by an adult via the Lansbury Drive entrance
If you know that your child is going to be absent from school e.g dental, hospital or clinic appointments, you should inform the school office in advance. For an illness or unforeseen absence, please inform the school office by 9am and provide evidence in the form of appointment cards and letters of correspondence.
These are absences for which we do not receive a written explanation, or days for which there is not an adequate reason. If your child is off sick and you have not contacted the school by 9am then the school will attempt to make contact with the parent. If no contact or no appropriate reason is given, the absence will be recorded as unauthorised.
Being late to school can be extremely unsettling for children particularly when they arrive into class and teaching has already begun. This can completely unsettle their start to the day and have a negative impact on teaching and learning for them and also for other children.
Request for leave and Term Time Holiday Requests.
Holidays during term time will be considered for exceptional circumstances only. Requests should be made in writing to the Headteacher using the request for absence form available from the school office.