Please see the Healthy Body, Healthy Mind daily activities from Miss Norman.
Maths - Solving Number Problems:
- CGP Maths Targeted Questions Book - Pages 16-17
- PiXL times table app
- Challenge - Can you write your own questions for someone in your house to answer?
Grammar, Punctuation & Spelling - Clauses:
1. Watch the video about main and subordinate clauses:
- Main and subordinate clauses - BBC Teach
2. Complete the following activities:
- CGP Grammar, Punctuation & Spelling Book - Pages 12-13
- Spellodrome - List 29
- Challenge - Create your own sentences that include main and subordinate clauses. Write the main clause in blue and the subordinate clause in red. Can you use two of your spelling words in the sentences?
- Reading Comprehension - Fact Retrieval - Oak National Academy
- CGP Reading Book - Pages 4-5 (Poems about trees - READ ONLY)
- Bug Club - Read and answer the questions for 1 book.
E-safety - Meeting people and sharing things online:
Meeting somebody you only know online can be dangerous because this person is still a stranger. If someone asks you to meet up or for your personal information, tell an adult straight away.
Be cautious of what you send, post or share online or on social media. Many social media apps have a minimum age rating to protect young children from content that may not be suitable. Always discuss new apps with an adult, even if your friend has asked you to download it. Images, videos or content you have shared forms part of your personal digital footprint and can be shared with others. Think before you post and use strict privacy settings.
Watch the videos below:
Complete the following activities in the BACK of your project book OR discuss your answers with an adult:
- DigiSafe Daily activities - Day 6 - Google Drive
- Scenario question – You are chatting to your friend online. They invite you to join a group chat with people you haven’t met. Someone in the group chat asks for everyone to send a picture of themselves. What should you do?
Topic - Ancient Egypt Timeline:
If your child is having difficulty completing the tasks above, please complete one of the 'Alternative task' activities.