At Grange Park Junior School, our goal is to ensure every child leaves our school a reader. We have worked very hard in the last few years to improve the reading culture in our school. As a result, reading for pleasure continues to be a proud aspect of our school.
- 1:1 readers - identified children read with an adult every day. This improves their overall reading age
- daily comprehension sessions - focusing on developing an understanding of a range of texts
- purchased many, many new books to engage our young readers
- hosted famous authors to discuss their books and learn their skills
- a book fair every year to encourage our children to read at home
- some Reading Relative volunteers who come in to read with pupils in the school. If you are interested in becoming a Reading Relative please contact the school office to speak with Miss Vanden Tillaart, English Leader.