All children in school have access to this facility either by way of 1:1 support, small group work or whole class sessions.
- 1:1 support allows children to share their feelings confidentially with a trusted adult and to receive guidance on resolving their difficulties.
- Small group work encourages children to share their feelings with others of similar needs, whilst being supported using relevant emotional literacy programmes, all of which help to develop children’s confidence, self-esteem and personal growth:
- No More Stinking Thinking – supports positive approaches and increased self-esteem
- Think Good, Feel Good – supports confidence building and increased self-esteem
- The Anxiety Gremlin – supports positive ways to manage their own anxiety
- Lego Therapy – supports children with social and communication difficulties, particularly children on the autistic spectrum
- Special Friends and Friends for Life – supports social and emotional difficulties around feelings and relationships
- A Volcano in My Tummy – encourages children to be aware of their own behaviour and how to manage their anger and frustration
- Seasons for Growth – supports bereavement, loss, trauma and difficult changes in a child’s life.
- The Feelings Art Book – this programme allows children to express themselves through drawings and art work
- Transition to High School Support – this encourages personal development for a smooth transition into a new environment
- Whole class sessions promotes positive mental health through learning about Mindfulness, Meditation, Peer-on-Peer Massage, Yoga and Relaxation. The group sessions include Circle Time which may be linked to PSHE across the school and will cover themes such as E-Safety, Racism, Anti-Bullying etc.
- This room is stocked with a variety of positive mental health and well being books for both adults and children.