Here are some routines and information that you may need to know for Year 5 children:
- Year 5 children begin school at 8:50am and finish at 3:20pm, due to staggered start time.
- Please note, these times are for Year 5 children only. Children will be with their class teacher at home time and must tell their teacher before they go home with their parents/guardians.
- Homework is set on a Monday and due the following Monday. Please see the Home Learning section for more information.
- Children will have a weekly spelling test based on their Readiwriter homework.
- All children have a Reading Record which needs to be signed each day to show that they have read for 10-15 minutes at home. The Reading Record can also be used to communicate with the class teacher.
- All children should have 2 books to take home with them each day - an Oxford Reading Tree book and a Library book.
- PE is taught twice a week. It is important that children wear their full PE kit on Mondays and Wednesdays (Year 5 PE days).
- Children are allowed to bring in a healthy snack to have at break time.
- All children must have a labelled water bottle at school.