September 2020 Opening - All Pupils
Should I Send My Child to School Flowchart
In accordance with Government Guidelines All Children are expected to attend school full time from September.
Please see the risk assessment at the bottom of the page (where you will also find other helpful documents) for the full information on how we are keeping Grange Park Junior School safe for our community.
Thursday 3rd September - school starts for Year 3 only
Monday 7th September - school starts for Years 4, 5 and 6.
Start Times (from 7/9/20):
- Year 3 Drop off: 8:30am Collection: 3:00pm
- Families Drop off: 8:40am Collection: 3:30pm
- Year 4 Drop off: 8:45am Collection: 3:15pm
- Year 5 Drop off: 9:00am Collection: 3:30pm
- Year 6 Drop off: 9:15am Collection: 3:45pm
Drop Off - To help with social distancing, and to limit the number of adults on site, we ask that children are dropped off just inside the school gate and make their own way to the playground, where teachers will be waiting. To keep our community safe it is essential that children arrive on the playground promptly at the allocated time.
Collection - when parents come onto the playground they MUST remain in the Parent Zones at all times. Parent zones are indicated on the playground as P1, P2, P3 and P4, please stand in the zone allocated to your child's class:
- Zone P1 Y3 Elm, Y4 Lavender, Y5 Cedar, Y6 Sunflower
- Zone P2 Y3 Willow, Y4 Buttercup, Y5 Beech, Y6 Daffodil
- Zone P3 Y3 Oak, Y4 Rose, Y5 Walnut, Y6 Orchid
- Zone P4 Y4 Tulip, Y5 Maple
Please ensure that you collect your children on time at the end of the day. There is a one way system to enter and leave the playground - please follow the signs.
We politely ask that parents/carers adhere to social distancing rules at all times.
Please can only one parent/carer drop/collect children
The only entrance open is the Balmoral Field Gate
What should my child wear?
- Full GPJS uniform, including black school shoes.
- P.E. Days: full GPJS P.E. kit with their school jumper or cardigan. Children must not bring their kit into school to change - they must wear their PE kit for the day.
P.E. Days (from Tuesday 8th September 2020):
- Year 3 - Tuesday and Thursday
- Year 4 - Monday and Wednesday
- Year 5 - Monday and Wednesday
- Year 6 - Tuesday and Friday
What can my child bring to school?
- A labelled water bottle - all children MUST have one.
- A small P.E. style draw string bag - NO RUCKSACKS or any other bags are allowed.
- A small pack of tissues.
What about lunch?
- School dinners are available - please see Parent Pay for the menu.
- Packed lunches must be in disposable packaging - no lunch bags/boxes are allowed. Just pop the wrapped lunch in the draw string bag, please do not send in additional carrier bags etc.
Can my child wear a mask?
- Children will NOT be allowed to wear a mask in school. If a child comes in with a mask on then they will be asked to remove it and store it in their bag. We would suggest that parents take masks home with them when they drop their child off.
What if my child is unwell?
If you or your child have any of the following symptoms then YOU/THEY MUST NOT come to school:
- a new, continuous cough
- a high temperature
- loss of sense of taste or smell
You MUST arrange to have a test as soon as possible.
Please inform the school if the test is positive.
Please follow our normal absence procedures to report your child absent.
What do we do if we have travelled/holidayed abroad?
If your family have returned from a holiday/travel abroad in the last two weeks then please check if you should be quarantining. Click the link to get the latest information in regard to travelling abroad and quarantining https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors
If your family does have to quarantine for 14 days then please DO NOT send your child to school in that period. Please phone the school and advise us that you are quarantining, giving the relevant dates.