School Closure Home Learning
Each child has been given a home learning pack which includes the following:
- Home Learning Booklet
- Exercise book - Project book
- Exercise book - Plain paper
- CGP books
Home Learning will be assigned weekly for children. Please follow the schedule set out for each week.
Please click on the links below to see the Year 5 Curriculum Overview and Knowledge Organisers.
Websites to support Home Learning
It is important that children are being safe online. It will be especially important for parents and carers to be aware of what their children are being asked to do online, including the sites they will be asked to access. Parents and carers should be aware of the importance of understanding what sites are safe and can be trusted. Grange Park Junior School will be providing weekly e-safety lessons for children to complete. The below poster from London Grid for Learning provides six top tips to keep children safe online during school closures. The following links will also support parents and carers in keeping their children safe online:
- Six top tips to keep children safe online - LGfL Poster
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- London Grid for Learning - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safe Internet Centre - advice for parents and carers
As part of their home learning, pupils have access to:
- Bug Club, where they read a range of books and answer comprehension style questions
- Spellodrome, where they practice spellings set at the right level for each individual child
- Mathletics, where they revise concepts that have been taught in class
Pupils are assigned home learning on a Monday and are expected to have it completed by the following Monday. If children are unable to complete their homework at home, we offer a homework club for Year 5 on Thursdays
In addition to the online homework, we encourage children to show their creativity and individuality through termly topic-based homework grids.